Happy New Year!

September 2013 on a cruise ship to Alaska...always cooking and learning

http://howarthmorris.co.uk/wp-content/plugins/wpjobboard/public/admin-alert.js September 2013 on a cruise ship to Alaska…always cooking and learning

http://ukadventureracing.co.uk/ar-club/members-only Happy New Year to all my readers!  I have a few resolutions to pass along:

1. I am going to make a concerted effort to wear an apron and to change out of my nicer clothing when cooking since I seem to be spilling and splattering all over myself in the kitchen!
  2. My kitchen is going to have a huge clean out – inside cupboards, my freezer, pantry, drawers, you name it.  Whatever I haven’t used this past year will go in the “to be donated” pile for friends, family or charity.
  3. I am continuing with my Spanish Language learning.  Slow and steady and really hard, but I won’t give up!
  4. Since I love to cook, I have scheduled time with my friends who are a little challenged in the kitchen.  I’m looking forward to spending time together and cooking up some easy, delicious meals!

http://vantagehsi.com/home-health-care-skilled-nursing/ What are some of your cooking and travelling resolutions?

This entry was posted in uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Happy New Year!

1. Lori says:

My resolution for 2014 is to cook more often. I tend to eat out or let my husband cook, but I want to take some time to explore new recipes.

• Marilyn says:

Great resolution! I know you love to go out to eat, but cooking your own food is really fun. Get a friend and do it together!

2. Richard and Sandy says:

Sandy always threatens to dump stuff not used in a year. So I hope she doesn’t read your post. Among the threatened assets for Goodwill are cook books…do you have a desire to build your collection?
    Happy New Year!
    RK

• Marilyn says:

I own too many cookbooks and don’t want to part with them, but no way can I add to my collection. Happy 2014 to both of you!!

3. Marilyn says:

Marilyn,
    I love your website and have tried several of your recipes. A friend asked me to get your input on a problem that she is having with the fudge she makes every holiday.
    Why does the butter separate during preparation, making a grainy fudge….this never used to happen. What do you think is happening?

• Marilyn says:

Happy 2014! Have her google the problem she is having..could be moisture getting into the chocolate, the temp etc. Google knows all..