http://harbutlawcottages.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2QVYXO9XiEu4G5Afb3i2F6wV_v2Wj_ayl-VrG8yi4Ptyvvp0oKOC0E6A8 These are a few of my favorite things! I’ll be updating this information constantly – letting you know about great books and products and travel companies. But if you have a question about any of my cooking or travel adventures and don’t see a resource listed – I hope you’ll drop me a line!
- Marie Sharps makes my all-time favorite hot sauce. Their habenero sauce adds just the right note of spice and tang to all my recipes. And for extra heat – I love their fiery hot version!
- Carrol Boyes server ware is beautiful and unique and reminds me of Africa.
- Swiss Diamond makes the most amazing pans. They are very high quality without being exorbitantly expensive. One of my favorite pans is a non-stick, deep saute pan. I also have their sauce pans as well as a few sizes of their fry pans. They are all dishwasher safe and I use them every day!
- This Amco citrus squeezer is indispensable. I use it for oranges, lemons and limes – anytime I need an extra hit of freshness.
- In my estimation, no kitchen would be complete without a high quality grater. This microplane grater makes it easy to grate citrus, cheese, garlic – even chocolate!
- I love this kitchen timer. It allows me to time more than one thing at a time and it’s loud and annoying so I never over bake!
- These round Cambro storage containers have wonderful lids that snap easily into place. I have several sizes how they stack well in the fridge. And they are freezer-safe!
- A good quality blender is an indispensable tool in my kitchen. This blender is my favorite because it’s sturdy enough to crush ice, has many settings and it’s dishwasher safe.
- This special blade is my favorite contraption for my stand mixer. It’s so efficient because the scrapers on the edges mix the batter so thoroughly – there’s hardly any build-up on the blade and bowl.
- This fanciful piggy steamer is a must in my kitchen!
- My favorite immersion blender – saves time and makes clean up easier!
- Kitchen tongs! Don’t know what I’d do without them.
- The African Kitchen by Josie Stow and Jan Baldwin
- The Italian Baker by Carol Field
- Tassajara Bread Book by Edward Espe Brown
- Whole Grain Breads by Peter Reinhart
- Cooks Illustrated is my all-time favorite food magazine – offering well-tested recipes, beautiful photos and great product reviews.
- Belize, A Great Destination by Kate Joynes-Burgess
- Rainforest Home Remedies by Rosita Arvigo
- Rainforest Remedies: 100 Healing Herbs of Belize by Rosita Arvigo
- Briggs & Riley makes my favorite backpack. It is indestructible and holds everything I need for my daily excursions.
- This travel tote goes with me wherever I travel. It holds everything and also folds up into a compact shape. And it’s water resistant to boot!
- Comfort is a priority for my travels – and I don’t go anywhere without this inflatable back roll. I always keep one in my purse to use in restaurants, the theater and on airplanes. My back would be a mess without this little gizmo!
- Because I travel so much, I need to be organized. This practical, fashionable charger organizer helps keep me from getting all my wires crossed.