how to order disulfiram online Because I’m typically up by 6:30 in the morning, I often forego a proper breakfast. After my house-made coffee drink, I am ready to tackle the day until maybe 10 am. So make-ahead breakfast items or snacks really speak to me for the days when I am really hungry mid-morning – or even in the afternoon and don’t have the time or energy to start cooking.
There are lots of combinations out there for make-ahead oats, and the following is my favorite which, you won’t likely be surprised to learn, evolved from trial and error. Turns out my grandkids love this as well, and the jars are easy to pull out of the fridge – and perfect before virtual school on the mornings I supervise Zoom classes. I enjoy preparing a hot breakfast, but when the kids would rather sleep a little later but have to eat before classes start, this is a winner. And they make great, filling afternoon snacks too!
Overnight Grab and Go Oatmeal Bowls
(Per pint jar – I usually make four at a time)
- ½ cup milk (I use unsweetened coconut milk but any dairy or nut milk will work)
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
- ⅓ cup plain unsweetened yogurt or if you prefer to use flavored yogurt OMIT the sweetener
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- A dash of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tart apple with skin on – core and dice or grate
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted nuts
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoon fresh blueberries or raspberries or other fruit of your choice.
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup when serving (if desired)
I usually line up my jars and begin with the coconut milk, measuring ½ cup into each of the jars. Next, add oats, then yogurt, flax seeds, cinnamon, and apples. Stir together. Top each jar with coconut then chopped toasted nuts. Do not stir. Put the lids on and place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight (I actually have eaten mine three days later and the oats are still good!).
When ready to eat, add in some berries or other fruit of your choice such as diced peaches or plums.